The Pit & Fissure Sealant Procedure
Fissure Sealants Cabramatta
Fissure sealants are placed on teeth and are made of transparent resin materials similar to white fillings in that they serve as a barrier against plaque-causing bacteria. They aid in preventing cavities and tooth decay.
The rear molars’ deep grooves and pits, where cavities frequently form in teeth, are typically treated with fissure sealants. Your dentist can carry out the operation in Cabramatta.
Patients who have these conditions are candidates for fissure sealants:
- Deep pits and fissures
- Early signs of dental cavities
- Enamel defects
- History of dental caries
- Poor oral hygiene
- Poor plaque control
Benefits of Fissure Sealants
If left addressed, tooth decay could become a significant dental issue. Gum disease, bad breath, tooth stains, and tooth loss might result from this. Therefore, to avoid difficulties, it is essential to prevent dental cavities in the first place.
Fissure sealants can help you and your child in the following ways:
- Up 90 to 100% lessens the chance of tooth rot developing.
- Both kids and adults benefit from sealants.
- Fissure sealants can provide additional protection for those who experience dry mouth, reducing their risk of tooth decay and cavities.
- This an effective preventive measure that can spare you from needing expensive and involved dental work caused by various dental problems
- Eases the cleaning of your teeth, leading to an improvement in oral hygiene
- Fissure sealants are visually appealing and less evident due to their colour.
Fissure Sealant Application Procedure
The fissure sealant application method is relatively simple when carried out by your dentist in Cabramatta.
Since food residue and saliva can prevent the sealant from adhering to the tooth correctly, teeth are carefully cleaned.
- The tooth’s surface is washed with a gel or solution to ensure the sealant adheres to the tooth correctly.
- An adhesive application follows the sealant.
- The tooth is treated with sealant.
- Depending on the type, a specialised light may be employed to cure the sealant.
- Excess material is scraped away once the bite is examined.
Fissure Sealant At-Home Care
Teeth treated with fissure sealants do not necessitate any modifications in routine or diet.
Although sealants can help prevent molar tooth decay, you must also clean and floss your teeth thoroughly to avoid the conditions that can cause it.
Fissure Sealants in Cabramatta
We offer a wide range of tooth services to help you maintain oral health and avoid dental problems, including fissure sealants.
At Cabramatta Dental Care, we take a gentle and meticulous approach to looking after our patients.
Visit your Cabramatta dentist today!
We are located at 47 Arthur St in Cabramatta.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do sealants last?
Sealants can survive for several years with good maintenance, but our Cabramatta dental staff will inspect them during your appointment to ensure they are still in place.
Is it painful?
No, it is entirely painless.
How do fissure sealants work?
Fissure sealants fill in all the little grooves and dips on the tooth’s surface. They aid in the prevention of tooth decay by producing a protective layer on the surface of your tooth.
Which teeth should be sealed?
The molars and premolars at the back of the mouth are treated with fissure sealants because they have pits and fissures on their biting surfaces, which are common places for cavities to form.
Who do I get treatment from?
Inquire with your Cabramatta dentist about fissure sealant treatment. We will inform you if fissure sealants are the most effective treatment for your teeth.