Inlays and Onlays
When a Dental Restoration Is Your Best Option
Inlays and Onlays Cabramatta
Using inlays and onlays can prevent your teeth from suffering severe damage that might compromise your dental health.
Inlays and onlays are designed to restore missing or damaged tooth structures with artificial components that are physically, biologically, and functionally identical to natural teeth.
When teeth have undergone substantial restoration, inlays and onlays are necessary.
Inlays are used to restore a tiny portion of tooth structure lost due to decay rather than fillings. Inlays fit within the teeth as fillings do.
Onlays are likewise inserted into the tooth, extending to a back tooth’s chewing surface to replace one or more cusps.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
Benefits of inlays and onlays include the following:
- It uses a conservative technique that keeps as many healthy teeth as possible. It’s a terrific option for full-coverage crowns if you have mild to moderate tooth decay that has spread into an area where you can floss.
- It is less likely to discolour over time than fillings, giving them the advantage of long-lasting aesthetics.
- It helps to guarantee a functional lifespan by preserving the most healthy tooth structure possible while repairing decaying or damaged areas.
- Better at keeping bacteria out of teeth by sealing them off; simple to clean; won’t stain; and has a remarkable life span.
- It only requires some tooth reshaping.
The Inlay and Onlay Procedure
Typically, getting an inlay and onlay for your tooth requires two visits to the dentist:
- After your Cabramatta dentist has determined that you are a candidate for the procedure, the afflicted tooth is prepared.
- The tooth is thoroughly cleansed once the problematic area has been removed.
- To fabricate the tooth, a dental laboratory receives imprints of the tooth from your Cabramatta dentist.
- A temporary repair is applied to safeguard the tooth while your inlay/onlay is being created.
- The completed direct composite resin is fitted and put into place at your subsequent appointment.
Maintaining good oral hygiene is crucial for keeping the restorations on your teeth strong and clean. Every six months, your dentist should routinely examine your inlays and onlays. After an inlay or onlay, patients should reduce their sugar intake and avoid eating meals and drinks with high acid content.
Inlays and Onlays in Cabramatta
Cabramatta Dental Care can repair one or more teeth damaged or infected by a cavity with custom-made, lifelike dental restorations such as inlays and onlays.
At Cabramatta Dental Care, we take a gentle and meticulous approach to looking after our patients.
Visit your Cabramatta dentist today!
We are located at 47 Arthur St in Cabramatta.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are inlays and onlays?
Inlays and onlays are restorative treatments for decayed teeth. They are typically placed on the back teeth, with more excellent biting surfaces.
When do you need restoration?
Your Cabramatta dentist may advise a crown, an inlay, or even an onlay when a tooth is damaged, cracked, or infected.
Early intervention can help avert complications, allowing patients to avoid excruciating pain and the possibility of tooth loss.
Are inlays and onlays safe?
Nothing is to worry about because placing a composite resin is typically considered safe.
Do inlays and onlays need special care?
It is not a problem to maintain inlays and onlays clean because they don’t need any extra maintenance. You’re in good shape if you practise good oral hygiene and see your Cabramatta dentist often.